- Drina Rendic provided details about the 3rd “Women to Listen To” Contest
- Large crowds attend Metalmorphosis opening
- Pre-opening of Metalmorphosis at the Museum of Fine Arts
- “METALMORPHOSIS” ARTISTS PARTICIPATE IN MEETING WITH STUDENTS
- THE “WOMEN’S LETTERS” EXHIBITION CLOSES IN PROVIDENCIA
- LYRICAL SINGING CONCERT AT THE GABRIELA MISTRAL CULTURAL CENTER
- “WOMEN to listen” RECITAL IN WASHINGTON DC
- WOMEN’S LETTERS AT THE POSADA DEL CORREGIDOR GALLERY
- YARITZA VÉLIZ AMONG CHILE’S 100 YOUNG LEADERS IN 2016
- MARÍA LUISA MERINO WINS THE “WOMEN IN MUSIC II” LYRICAL SINGING CONTEST
- FOR THE FIRST TIME, EXHIBITION SHOWCASES LETTERS BY WOMEN PRISON INMATES IN METRO STATIONS
- A GREETING FROM DRINA RENDIC BEFORE THE CONCERT BY CHILEAN SOPRANO YARITZA VÉLIZ IN WASHINGTON DC
- A PIECE BY ANDREA LIRA WAS SELECTED FOR INCLUSION IN THE EXHIBITION WOMEN TO WATCH (2015)
- WOMEN TO WATCH EXHIBITION TO OPEN IN WASHINGTON DC ON JUNE 4, 2015
- CHILEAN CURATOR IS SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM WOMEN TO WATCH
YARITZA VÉLIZ AMONG CHILE’S 100 YOUNG LEADERS IN 2016
El Sábado Magazine selected the soprano –winner of the first version of our “Women to Listen” contest– as one of the 100 young leaders of the year 2016.
This selection, conducted jointly with Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, highlights the work of under 35s from various walks of life who are creating a new Chile.
In an issue on up-and-coming politicians, entrepreneurs, social leaders, sportspeople, and scientists, the magazine highlighted the work of the young soprano, who won 1st place among 47 participants in the 2014 “Women to Listen” contest, organized by the Chile Committee of the National Museum of Women in the Arts and Universidad Mayor.
In 2015, she gave concerts at the Teatro del Lago in Frutillar, in New York, and at the NMWA Performance Hall in Washington DC. In addition, she took part in the Castleton C.A.T.S. summer festival, founded by the famous director Lorin Maazel.
She has played the following parts: “Zaida” in the opera “Il Turco in Italia” at the Municipal Theater of Santiago; “Pamina” in the opera “The Magic Flute” in the city of Concepción; “Roggiero” in the opera “Tancredi” at the Municipal Theater of Santiago; and “Musetta” in the opera “La Bohème” at the Argentine Theater of La Plata.
We wish to congratulate Yaritza on this well-deserved recognition of her talent and professionalism.