- Drina Rendic provided details about the 3rd “Women to Listen To” Contest
- Large crowds attend Metalmorphosis opening
- Pre-opening of Metalmorphosis at the Museum of Fine Arts
- “METALMORPHOSIS” ARTISTS PARTICIPATE IN MEETING WITH STUDENTS
- THE “WOMEN’S LETTERS” EXHIBITION CLOSES IN PROVIDENCIA
- LYRICAL SINGING CONCERT AT THE GABRIELA MISTRAL CULTURAL CENTER
- “WOMEN to listen” RECITAL IN WASHINGTON DC
- WOMEN’S LETTERS AT THE POSADA DEL CORREGIDOR GALLERY
- YARITZA VÉLIZ AMONG CHILE’S 100 YOUNG LEADERS IN 2016
- MARÍA LUISA MERINO WINS THE “WOMEN IN MUSIC II” LYRICAL SINGING CONTEST
- FOR THE FIRST TIME, EXHIBITION SHOWCASES LETTERS BY WOMEN PRISON INMATES IN METRO STATIONS
- A GREETING FROM DRINA RENDIC BEFORE THE CONCERT BY CHILEAN SOPRANO YARITZA VÉLIZ IN WASHINGTON DC
- A PIECE BY ANDREA LIRA WAS SELECTED FOR INCLUSION IN THE EXHIBITION WOMEN TO WATCH (2015)
- WOMEN TO WATCH EXHIBITION TO OPEN IN WASHINGTON DC ON JUNE 4, 2015
- CHILEAN CURATOR IS SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM WOMEN TO WATCH
WOMEN’S LETTERS AT THE POSADA DEL CORREGIDOR GALLERY
A collection of letters by 18 inmates of the Women’s Penitentiary of Santiago will be exhibited until March 31 at the Posada del Corregidor Art Gallery as part of the “Women’s Letters”project, organized by the Chile Committee of the National Museum of Women in the Arts in collaboration with the Department of Corrections [Gendarmería de Chile] and Santiago Metro.
This traveling exhibition was inaugurated in August 2016 at Quinta Normal Station and was later transferred to Bellavista de La Florida Station. It was hugely successful in both stations and visitors received it positively, as the letters had great narrative force and invited spectators to establish an intimate connection with the feelings and reflections of the writers, whose texts were selected from a total of 147 submissions.
The jury was composed of renowned writers, journalists, and opinion leaders such as Mónica González (director of Ciper), Carla Guelfenbein (recipient of the 2015 Alfaguara Award), Arturo Navarro (director of the Estación Mapocho Cultural Center), Adriana Valdés (member of the Chilean Academy of the Spanish Language), and María José Viera-Gallo (writer), among other personalities of the literary and artistic world.
Drina Rendic, President of the Chile Committee of the NMWA, stated that this initiative sought to “promote the participants’ creativity, discover and visibilize potential literary talents, and contribute to inmates’ rehabilitation and reintroduction into society. We also wish to strengthen their dignity and self-esteem”. Also, aware of the importance of highlighting the literary work of imprisoned women and encouraging the simple but inspiring act of writing, the President of Metro, Rodrigo Azócar, stressed that “this exhibition allows us all, as a community, to open up spaces for reflection and conversation based on the stories and experiences of a group of women who have found in literature a path leading to rehabilitation and reintroduction into society”.
“Women’s Letters” Exhibition
Posada del Corregidor Art Gallery, Esmeralda 749, Santiago.
From March 15 to March 31. From 10:00 to 13:30 and from 14:30 to 17:30.
Free entry – includes hourly guided tours.