- Drina Rendic provided details about the 3rd “Women to Listen To” Contest
- Large crowds attend Metalmorphosis opening
- Pre-opening of Metalmorphosis at the Museum of Fine Arts
- “METALMORPHOSIS” ARTISTS PARTICIPATE IN MEETING WITH STUDENTS
- THE “WOMEN’S LETTERS” EXHIBITION CLOSES IN PROVIDENCIA
- LYRICAL SINGING CONCERT AT THE GABRIELA MISTRAL CULTURAL CENTER
- “WOMEN to listen” RECITAL IN WASHINGTON DC
- WOMEN’S LETTERS AT THE POSADA DEL CORREGIDOR GALLERY
- YARITZA VÉLIZ AMONG CHILE’S 100 YOUNG LEADERS IN 2016
- MARÍA LUISA MERINO WINS THE “WOMEN IN MUSIC II” LYRICAL SINGING CONTEST
- FOR THE FIRST TIME, EXHIBITION SHOWCASES LETTERS BY WOMEN PRISON INMATES IN METRO STATIONS
- A GREETING FROM DRINA RENDIC BEFORE THE CONCERT BY CHILEAN SOPRANO YARITZA VÉLIZ IN WASHINGTON DC
- A PIECE BY ANDREA LIRA WAS SELECTED FOR INCLUSION IN THE EXHIBITION WOMEN TO WATCH (2015)
- WOMEN TO WATCH EXHIBITION TO OPEN IN WASHINGTON DC ON JUNE 4, 2015
- CHILEAN CURATOR IS SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM WOMEN TO WATCH
LYRICAL SINGING CONCERT AT THE GABRIELA MISTRAL CULTURAL CENTER
The finalists of the 2016 Women to Listen contest will give a concert on July 26. Pianist Jorge Pepi-Alos, on July 27, presents Four Centuries – Four Piano Suites. Pianist Svetlana Kotova interprets pieces by Mozart, Poulenc, and Liszt on August 2. And on August 3, the Mistral Duet will play pieces by Bach, Debussy, and Liszt, among other composers.
The “Women to Listen” concert will be held on July 26, featuring performances by the finalists of the 2016 contest: sopranos Marcela González, Camila Gallardo, Carla Andrade, and Millaray González.
Millaray González will perform L. Delibes’ “La fille de Cadix”, “Je veux vivre…” from C. Gounod’s Romeo and Juliet, and “Me llaman la primorosa” from G. Giménez’s El barbero de Sevilla.
Camila Gallardo will perform H. Duparc’s “Chanson triste”, “Dove sono…” from Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro, and “Ah non credea mirarti…” from V. Bellini’s La Sonnambula. Marcela González will perform “Da tempeste…” from Händel’s Giulio Cesare, “Qui la voce sua soave…” from Bellini’s I Puritani, and “Regnava nel silenzio…” from G. Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor.
Carla Paz Andrade will interpret “Ach ich’s fühls” from Mozart’s The Magic Flute, “Quel guardo il cavaliere…” from Donizetti’s Don Pasquale, and “Signore ascolta” from G. Puccini’s Turandot.
On July 27, pianist Jorge Pepi-Alos will perform several piano suites, including J. S. Bach’s Quattro Duetti, Tres instantes del cielo (written by the pianist himself), H. Villa-Lobos’ Prole Do Bebe Nº 1, and M. Mussorgski’s Pictures at an Exhibition.
Dates: July 26 to August 3, 2017, 19.30. Venue: Edificio A, piso 1, Sala A1, Centro GAM. Free entry; voluntary fee. Limited places.